Ihkem’s rebel is made using unsweetened almond milk, which could aid those trying to restrict their sugar intake. For example, people with diabetes often need to limit their daily carbohydrate intake. Replacing dairy milk with almond milk may be an excellent way to achieve this. The rebel is enriched with Spinach that is great for your heart. When it comes to cardiac health, few vegetables can beat out the spinach. Spinach contains high levels of omega-3 fatty acids — which is part of what makes it so good for your cardiac health. We added Plantains because they are the less sweet, starchier equivalent to the banana. Sweet bananas, sometimes called “dessert bananas,” are much more popular in the United States and Europe, but plantains are an essential staple for tropical countries. Plantains are rich sources of complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals and are easily digestible. The banana lookalike also controls blood glucose. So, we know how ripe plantain and diabetes are connected; what it does is improve carbohydrate metabolism while regulating insulin. This cuts down the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. It is an excellent antioxidant; plantains have tons of Vitamin C to offer. What does ripe plantain give to the body that benefits the brain? It is called Vitamin B6. This particular compound encourages the production of norepinephrine and serotonin; these chemical messengers help keep the mind stable.
- Plantains also contain homocysteine. It is an amino acid that keeps the nervous system and blood vessels healthy. Let us consider the raw apples in this beverage; by consuming this, you benefit from nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium. You may even enjoy more excellent overall health since a review of studies found that eating apples was associated with a reduced risk of heart disease, asthma, and type-2 diabetes.
- Raw mangoes, as in this drink’s ingredient, are rich sources of B vitamins too. Mango is an excellent source of Vitamin-A and carotenes. Vitamin A is essential for the health of one’s vision. It is also required for the upkeep of healthy mucus membranes and skin health. Consumption of fruits that are rich in carotenes is known to protect the body from cancers of the lung and oral cavity.
- Fresh mango is an excellent source of potassium. Potassium is an integral part of cell and body fluids, and it helps control the heart rate and blood pressure.
- It is also a pretty good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin E. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps the body fight against infections and scavenge harmful free radicals. Vitamin B-6 is required for hormone production in the brain.
- Mango has moderate amounts of the mineral copper. Copper is required to be part of several enzymes. It is also needed to produce red blood cells.
- The skin of the mango is also rich in phytonutrients.